Jun 12, 2013

Lucy wrote L-U-C-Y!


A couple of weeks ago, we were at Nana and Pap's house and she was drawing at the kitchen island with JW and Rachel and I.  She said "L-U-C-Y" and I watched her pen write the letters as she said them!  I was flabbergasted!  I know her sitter had had her tracing the letters of her name, but I was really surprised that she could produce them on her own (and from her head--it wasn't written anywhere on her paper).  She hasn't done it again since, but she'll make a letter at a time and say it out loud.  She was drawing the other day and kept saying, "Says Mama, says Mama."  I looked at her paper and she was making little M s.  I think I have one smart little cookie on my hands!

I asked her the other day what her favorite toy was and she said "pen."  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment