Oct 9, 2011

Birthday Celebration

My sweet Lucy is turning 1 year old on Tuesday!  I've really enjoyed celebrating it... I think she has too!




Aunt Ann really outdid herself!  This was Lucy's cake with a duck, and all the little guests got a little duckie cake, too!  Adorable!  Lucy LOVES her duckies!


Lucy got the hang of digging in... but she took her time.  (And we both got pretty sticky!)

Lucy after cake--this is the first outfit I bought her.  August 2010, when I decided I was going to adopt, I bought this little dress, hardly daring to hope I'd have a little girl to wear it.  It fits Lucy perfectly now!  (And she's been home right at 6 months--in addition to the birthday celebration!)


Lucy got lots of goodies, and had some good friends who were kind enough to test drive them for her :)  What a handsome cowbow Cooper makes!






Surrounded by people who love us! 
I hope that's the impression she got of today!
I'm pretty sure she couldn't have missed it--it was pretty obvious!
Thanks friends and family!!  We're so thankful for you!


 Lucy had a great time with the balloons!  And the party didn't stop there.  Much later that evening, as we were cleaning up, John Walker said, "Hey, check out your baby!"
I snapped the video camera on to catch this:  (No baby was harmed in the making of this video :) )



                                                                          Seriously, how blessed am I?

1 comment:

  1. Happy B-day sweet girl, thanks for inviting us to your party, we all had a great time. Your buddies are still talking about it.

    Thanks Kristy for thinking of us & letting us be a part of your sweet baby girls life. We love you both more than words!!!!

    ReplyDelete