Dec 2, 2013

Christmas-ing

Today Lucy and I decorated for Christmas.

Her first Christmas, we had a tiny tree, and the Christmas before that I hadn't bothered with one.  Last Christmas we had a big tree, which I decorated while she was napping.  I knew that this year would be different.  My big helper had big plans about decorating.  In fact, as soon as she woke up this morning, she told me, "I dreamed 'bout decorating our tree.  In my bed!  I did!"

(Then we played a game she invented (on the spot) called Odananulu (?).  She graciously explained the rules for me while she got it set up.  "You get your basket and you bring it over and you mix it up...."  Basically, you dump out and take turns throwing the contents of your basket of panties at each other.  Fun times first thing in the morning!)

We set up the tree, and I got breathless oohs and aahs as I added each section of the tree and real joy at turning on the lights.   She helped decorate and really favored one section, which is dripping with bling :)

We put up the Nativity scene, and she scooted up her rocking chair right next to it and the tree and just sat admiring it all and doing some "reading".

We were putting other little decorations around, and I noticed a cute manger with a missing leg.  I asked Lucy if it had broken off.  She was  a little evasive, and finally suggested, "I don't know what happened.  Maybe you should ask the wise men."

When someone asked her what we'd done today, she replied excitedly, "We Christmas-ed!"

When we were getting ready for bed, she sighed happily and said, "We had a great day today, didn't we Mama."

I could not love her more.  She is such a blessing from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment