Aug 14, 2011

crawling!


Well, there you have it folks!  She's on the move!  It's been so funny to see Lucy work up to crawling.  She got on her hands and knees for a long time and kind of rocked, but didn't go anywhere.  Then she frantically moved her arms and legs with her belly on th floor, and that didn't get her anywhere.  Finally, she figured out this kind of desperate army crawl.  Sometimes her legs are straight and her bum is way up in the air, sometimes there are lunges, but she's fallen into this manuever and it works!  She can get about anywhere she wants to go.  What's really fun is that I'll walk over to where she is (well, okay, dance and sing my way over) and she gets all excited and starts crawling toward me, like, "Don't worry about it, I'll meecha' half way."  What a big girl.

She's also really into giving kisses.  She gives one about any time I ask for one, but the best ones are the unsolicited ones.  We're just playing and laughing, and she gives me a big, drooly kiss (usually a whole lot of tongue!).  I can just see her sweet personality coming out more and more!  What a joy!




A praise/prayer update:  Thanks so much for praying for Bonnie and Justin.  Praise the Lord that they passed court and were able to spend some time with their sweet children.  Please keep praying, as they are waiting on some paperwork so that they can move on to embassy and get their little ones home!  You can see their blog at the right (Team Myers)

Also... I'm starting school Monday.  I'm really excited about my new job teaching English as a Second language to kiddos in our district!  BUT it's hard to give up that time with sweet Lucy.  She's got a wonderful care-giver, who obviously loves her, but just pray that it continues to go well and that Lucy knows how very loved she is!  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. This child defines PRECIOUSNESS!!! BTW, I LOVE the puppy. So excited that she is on the move. That is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the real fun begins, ha!! Too cute for words, luv that girl & her sweet momma.

    Your little Lucy knows how much her momma loves, no doubt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A www, I am so glad she loves her puppy.
    I can't wait to meet her at thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's SO awesome! I love the way her little tush swings back and forth in the beginning like she's getting reved up to go! And she's looking SO beautiful and so happy! LOVE HER!

    ReplyDelete