Mar 19, 2013

Chit chat--this and that

Oh Lucy.  This girl is so funny!  Here are some things I'm enjoying about my daughter:

  • We're working on sharing.  She got some cookies from her nana and, when asked to share, replied, "I share-a myself."  Smart cookie.
  • When mama says anything in a remotely stressed tone, she assumes that it's "not nice."  I get this driving a lot.  I might say, "Careful, mister." and I get a furrowed brow and a "Don't say that, mama.  Thas not nice."  If I'm a repeat offender, I get, "I TOLE you, mama, don't say that!"
  • She likes to talk to nana on the phone, and they sometimes get disconnected.  One morning when this happened, she said sadly, "Nana hang me."
  • We were talking about going to see Nana, Pap and John.  We listed off who would be there, and then she wrapped her little arms around herself in a hug and said, "And everybody love me."  She's so right!
  • I'm seeing a little attitude sometimes.  She wants to assert that independence.  (And she isn't allowed to get away with this without consequences, but it just sounds so prim and funny).  Sometimes when I ask her to do something, she calmly and clearly says, "I won't."  It's like she's so sure that that's the end of the issue. Just, "I won't."
  • She loves babies.  We stop to ooh and aah over them, and she usually is convinced that "that baby smiled at me."  I hadn't realized how loose she was with this statement, until she saw a squirrel on the back porch, and said, "Aaaw, he smiled at me!"
  • I'd noticed that I was calling her quite a few pumpkin-themed nicknames.  Sweet pumpkin, pretty pumpkin, funny pumpkin.  The other day when I left, she said to me, "Bye, pumpkin pie!"  I'm so glad she sees pumpkin as a term of endearment, too!
  • I snuggled her before bed one night, and said, "I have a secret for you!"  I whispered in her ear, "I love you so very much!"  She leaned in to excitedly whisper back to me, "I love John."  Just the facts, ma'am.
  • We crack ourselves up.  Tonight, the shoulder-shaking belly-laugh was about me singing so loudly that she said, "Too loud, mama!"  So I got quieter, but it was still "too loud!"  Finally I was whispering, and then just mouthing the words, and every time, she could barely squeeze the words, "too loud!" out between giggles.  I LOVE to hear that girl laugh.
More pics are coming.  I've had a few little computer snags.  Well, just ask Lucy.  In her words, "Mama computer broke.  Fall down.  Boom!"  So, um, when we get that little issue resolved you'll see more of her sweet face.  One thankful mama, signing out!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this!! Thanks for the giggles! You guys are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to write down all of these sweet memories! I wish I would have done that with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete